07 February 2015

Clean shaven

Working where I do, I have a lot of patients who are actors or work in TV. Recently we had a TV producer who makes adverts. He had a fever so I needed to take a travel history. Why you need to travel the globe to make advertisements I have no idea but, worryingly, he had been to all sorts of exotic places. My heart sank as I struggled to remember all the weird and wonderful tropical diseases I might have to consider.

But that's not at all the point of this post though it does set the scene and explains how we got talking. It turns out that one of my patient's assignments was to make an advertisement showing men how to examine their testicles. (Perhaps I should watch this film as I've not much idea myself.) My patient found an actor who was apparently willing to demonstrate on camera. They talked about how they would get the right shots. The actor then asked, "Do you think I should shave?"

"Oh no," my patient replied. "I think we should show them au naturel."

"No, no," said the actor. "I meant my face."



10 comments:

Aaron Grey said...

Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Good to see you posting again Dr G.

I do so hope your post (discovered when visiting Northern Doctor) will be the first of many – you have been missed.

Sadly many doc blogs have disappeared and the contact with the general public lost. The ephemeral nature of Twitter holds no opportunity for discussion and I have found is quite frankly elitist. We need to work together in what may be the vain hope of saving our NHS.

Keep on blogging!

Anna :o]

Anonymous said...

Well come back!

Nice to see a longer post though I do enjoy following on twitter.

-BoyGeekDrone
( CMT )

Dr Aust said...

What hyperCRYPTICal said above, Dr G - good to see you still here on the blog. Though I speak as shouldn't, you might say.

Obat Herbal Green World said...

I first visited this website , and view the contents of the article , it is very interesting to observe. Moreover this article that you make very high quality of so many health benefits that can be taken after reading the article that you created . For me the other benefits that can get inspiration to write on my own website .
Obat Paru Paru Basah
Obat Gangguan Seksual
Obat Tumor
Obat Nyeri Sendi Lutut dan Jari Tangan
Obat Rambut Rontok

QnC Jelly Gamat said...

Obat Bopeng Paling Ampuh

» Bopeng bekas jerawat susah hilang?

» Ingin wajah kembali bersih?

» Ingin tampil cantik tanpa make up?

» Mencari Obat Bopeng Paling Ampuh?

Mari kita bahas tuntas masalahnya disini..!!

Cara Pesan QnC Jelly Gamat

Harga Masker Spirulina

obat nyeri sendi lutut said...

Obat Nyeri Sendi Lutut

dipali sharma said...

Right here you can consistently select services that include real USA Facebook Suches as for including appeal right into your facebook ID.
rank likes

List Obat Herbal Di Toko Acep said...

http://www.tipssehatcantikalami.com

alis nurhasanah said...

Walatra bersih Wanita